Ear candling or ear coning dates back to ancient times, being used by many different cultures of the world. Presently, it is gaining new popularity because of its very relaxing and non-invasive technique.
How it Works:
- Ear candles are made of cotton or linen that is wound into a cone shape, soaked in wax, and then allowed to harden.
- The head and shoulder area are covered for protection.
- Gently, the tapered end of the hollow candle is then placed into the external ear canal.
- The candle is lit at the opposite end, creating a vacuum that cleanses residue out of the ear.
- This low level vacuum begins to draw ear wax and other debris out of the ear into the hollow candle.
- After this repeated procedure you will be able to see any dark, waxy substance left in the stub of the candle.
Ear candling is a simple and time-proven therapy can be very effective in removing old and troublesome blockages from the ear canal, without the use of solutions or probes.